S'mores Protein Crumpet Recipe
Calling all chocolate lovers, this recipe is for you! If you loved our salted caramel protein crumpets, you’re going to love this tasty twist on the classic American campfire snack.
Our S’mores Baked Protein Crumpets are rich, gooey and super sweet - with only 290 calories per portion. We’ve even added protein powder to make them great as a post-workout pick me up!
Forget boring plain crumpets, we pimp up our s’mores crumpets with dark chocolate, sweet biscuit crumb and mini marshmallows. Creating a tasty protein treat, perfect for an indulgent weekend brunch during the winter months.
Top tip: We’ve chosen to top our crumpets with dark chocolate as it provides a richer flavour that’s lower in sugar and fat.
If you’re willing to share, these crumpets make two servings and take just 25 minutes from prep to plate.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 2 crumpets
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp semi skimmed or plant-based milk
- 10g chocolate whey or pea protein powder
- 1 light digestive biscuit, crushed
- 20g mini marshmallows
- 15g dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. Cut the crumpets in half and stack them in an oven proof dish.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and protein powder before pouring the mixture over the crumpets.
4. Snap the chocolate into chunks and scatter it over the crumpets.
5. Finally, top the crumpets with the crushed biscuit and mini marshmallows and bake the crumpets in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
6. Dig in and enjoy.
The seasonal spirit brings with it all the very best of sweet treats, so if you’re looking for some more festive recipes, check out our toffee apple cinnamon rolls or our gingerbread loaf!