Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Cups Recipe
Looking for healthy snacks that taste good, are easy to make, and budget-friendly? Or perhaps a breakfast that satisfies your sweet tooth? Either way, our 5-ingredient fruity frozen yoghurt cups tick all the boxes!
We’ve combined oats, honey, peanut butter, berries, and Greek yoghurt for a refreshing creamy yoghurt cup. Each serving is just 200 calories, with plenty of protein from the Greek yoghurt and slow-release carbs and fibre from the oats and berries and to keep you going until your next meal.
Using frozen fruit can actually improve the vitamin content, as freezing stops the vitamins and minerals from degrading. Frozen fruit is often cheaper too – each portion is just 38p! We’ve gone with blueberries and raspberries, but feel free to mix these up.
These fruity frozen yoghurt cups are easy to make, just don’t forget to allow enough time for the mix to freeze! When you’re ready to try one, take it out around 15 minutes beforehand so it can thaw a little.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 1- 2 hours
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 150g oats
- 140g frozen blueberries / raspberries
- 360g fat free Greek yoghurt
- Start by placing the honey and peanut butter into a bowl and microwave it in short bursts for 20-30 seconds until softened.
- Once softened, mix through the oats until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally into 6 muffin tins, then place them into the freezer for 15-20 minutes until set.
- Whilst the base sets, add the berries to a pan with 1tbsp water and heat through, mashing down with a fork for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, place the mashed berries into a bowl and leave them to cool completely.
- Once set, top the bases with the Greek yoghurt and then with the berry mixture.
- Place the yoghurt cups back into the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.
- Finally, leave the cups to thaw for roughly 10-15 minutes until they’ve softened and are ready to eat.
Looking for some more sweet breakfast options? Try our overnight chocolate chai pudding recipe or our s’mores protein crumpet recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth!