Whether you're looking to join your first ever gym, or just in the market for an upgrade, our 24/7 gym in Ipswich has everything you need to reach your goals.
We recently refurbished PureGym Ipswich Buttermarket so there's tons of high quality kit to choose from, from our Olympic Weightlifting platform and multiple squat racks, to our 60 cardio machines. We also have a functional area which includes a rig for all your lifting needs, plus if you fancy trying something a little different there are slam balls, sandbags, battle ropes and more. And, you get over 50+ group fitness classes each week, including in your contract-free membership.
You'll find us nestled within Buttermarket Shopping Centre on St Stephens Lane, Ipswich, and parking is free*.
See all of our gyms in Ipswich here.
We want to keep PureGym a safe environment for everyone to work out. If you plan to train at night or during un-staffed hours (check your gym’s hours here), please read our unstaffed hours document here to ensure your safety when at the gym.
Inside the gym
- Matthew Clarke Gym Manager
- Janina Vysniauske Assistant Gym Manager
So why join?
- Free parking (parking restrictions may apply, see below for details)
- No contract
- Over 220 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment, in a clean, comfortable, safe, friendly and spacious setting
- Recover with a daily massage
- Rehydrate with Sports water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully air conditioned for your comfort
- Changing facilities available
- Free initial exercise induction
- Personal trainers available
- Bring a friend 4 times a month
- Book classes 14 days in advance
- Freeze at no extra cost
- Multi gym access
How to find us
By car: PureGym members can park for free for 2 hours in Buttermarket Shopping Centre car park, just validate your token in the gym. After 2 hours, charges will apply. *Parking restrictions may apply. Please check in the car park before you enter the gym. PureGym is not responsible for any parking fines.
By bus: The nearest bus stop is less than a 5 minute walk away on Dog Head St, which can be reached on bus numbers 4, 6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 15a and the Free Shuttle will drop you off at our nearest bus stop. There's also a bus and coach station a few minutes' walk away from the club.
By train: Ipswich train station is just 15 minutes' walk away. Simply follow the signs for 'Buttermarket Shopping Centre' or catch the 12, 13 or 14 bus.