Kick-start a healthier lifestyle with a new approach to fitness at our great-value gym in Ashton-under-Lyne. We're conveniently located in Ashton Retail Park opposite the Arcades Shopping Centre, and parking is free*.
Everybody and all goals are welcome at PureGym. Whether you want to lose a few pounds, hit a PB, or just improve your general fitness, you'll find the kit and classes to help.
View our other gyms in Greater Manchester: Gyms in Manchester
We want to keep PureGym a safe environment for everyone to work out. If you plan to train at night or during un-staffed hours (check your gym’s hours here), please read our unstaffed hours document here to ensure your safety when at the gym.
Inside the gym
- Tom Mckeever Gym Manager
- Carlo Corbin Assistant Gym Manager
- Deanna Humphreys Assistant Gym Manager
So why join?
- Free parking (parking restrictions may apply, see below for details)
- No contract
- Over 220 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment, in a clean, comfortable, safe, friendly and spacious setting
- Track progress with body composition scans
- Rehydrate with Sports water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully air conditioned for your comfort
- Changing facilities available
- Free initial exercise induction
- Fantastic offers and discounts available to print out from our members area
- Personal trainers available
- A dedicated members area on our website with online training and nutrition guides
- Bring a friend 4 times a month
- Book classes 14 days in advance
- Freeze at no extra cost
- Multi gym access
Get fit with our fitness classes
Whether you want to build muscle, define your abs, burn calories, or stretch and de-stress, you’ll find 50+ group fitness classes each week at our studio in Ashton-under-Lyne – and they’re included in your membership!
Huge range of equipment
Forget queuing for kit as we have a huge range of gym equipment! Looking to build size and strength? Take advantage of our squat racks, Smith machines, and Olympic Weightlifting platform, 20+ fixed pin resistance machines, and free weights ranging from 1kg to 50kg. And with almost 80 cardio machines, you can run, climb, or row your way to fitness at any time of day.
PureGym Ashton-under-Lyne is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, so you can work out around your lifestyle, not the other way round.
How to find us
By car: PureGym members can park for free for 2 hours in the Ashton Retail Park carpark - use OL6 6DJ on your SatNav. You need to enter your car registration in the gym for every gym visit to get free parking. *Parking restrictions may apply. Please check in the car park before you enter the gym. PureGym is not responsible for any parking fines.
By bus: Ashton-under-Lyne bus station is located on Wellington Road just opposite the Retail Park, less than a 5 minute walk away. There are frequent buses running to Hyde, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Stalybridge and Stockport plus several parts of the Tameside area including Denton, Droylsden, Dukinfield and Mossley. Buses also run to parts of Saddleworth, such as Greenfield, Delph, Denshaw and Uppermill, Chorlton, Middleton plus Glossop in Derbyshire.
By train: The Ashton Metrolink is directly opposite the retail park, next to the bus station.