Vegan Pizza Recipe
Make cheap and delicious vegan pizzas at home using simple ingredients. This recipe includes chilli for those who like a bit of spice! If you don't want your pizza to be spicy then just leave the chillies.
Vegan Margharita Pizza Ingredients
- 400g strong white bread flour
- 1 white onion
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml passata
- Handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp garlic granules
- 100g vegan grated cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Red Chilli
How to make vegan pizza
- Start by putting the flour, yeast, sugar into a bowl and mix.
- Add in 200ml of warm water into the bowl and mix well into the dry mixture with a pinch of salt.
- Keep mixing together to form a dough, then knead with the palm of your hand in the bowl until a large ball is formed.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and let rise for an hour until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and divide into 4.
- Roll out your pizza base and place onto a baking tray.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Top your pizza with passata, finely diced onion and chilli, oregano, garlic granules and season to taste.
- Top each pizza with cheese and slices of the tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Top with fresh basil and serve!
For more cheap recipe ideas like this check out our Nutrition section