Simple 4-move total body workout
Get a full body workout in just 4 moves put together by our PureGym Insider @kaypuregym. All you need is two 5kg plates. Perform the following exercises for 60 seconds, back to back. Then take a minute rest and repeat 3 to 5 times.
3 rounds will take roughly take 15 minutes to complete. 5 rounds will take roughly 25 minutes to complete.
Watch the video below to see all 4 moves.
Not sure how to perform these moves? Read our step by step guide below.
Muscles targeted: whole body
- Grab two 5kg plates and stand feet hip width apart, with toes slightly turned out.
- Rack the plates on your forearms with elbows pointing out to the side of the room.
- Sit into a squat position whilst keeping your back straight, knees wide apart and your heels down.
- Drive up through your heels as if you are pushing the floor away from you, using the momentum as you come to the top of a squat to lift the plates over your head and lock your arms out. This counts as one rep.
- Return to squat position with the plates racked on your forearms and explode back up, pushing the plates towards the ceiling and repeat this as many times as you can in 60 seconds.
Muscles targeted: abs
- Holding one 5kg plate in both hands, stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Brace your abs and move the 5kg plate to the outside of your right thigh by bending your knees and twisting your core. Then extend your legs and swing the plate to your left and up towards the ceiling.
- Keep your back straight and abs braced throughout the whole movement. This counts as one rep.
- Repeat on the other side and complete as many reps, alternating each side in 60 seconds.
Muscles targeted: shoulders and traps
- Stand tall with feet hip width apart holding a 5kg plate in each hand.
- Keeping your chest proud and abs tight, raise the plates towards your chest, leading with your elbows.
- Pause then slowly lower the plates back to starting position.
- Repeat as many reps in 60 seconds but remember to control the movement.
Muscles targeted: core
Sit on floor or on a mat with knees bent. Hold a 5kg plate with both hands. Lift your heels of the ground. Brace your abs and twist your torso to the right side until your arms are parallel with the floor. Move back to starting position while breathing out. Then move to the opposite side by twisting your core and return to starting position. Complete this as many times as you can in 60 seconds.
Give this full body workout a go in your next gym session!
For more workout ideas check out our free workout videos.
Follow @kaypuregym for more workouts ideas and fitness tips
Get to know PureGym Insider Kay by reading her fitness story here.