Sesame Chicken Noodle Recipe
Think noodles can’t be healthy? Think again! We’ve paired honey, ginger, garlic, and soy to create this delicious, sweet and sticky chicken noodle dish, which comes in at less than 400 calories! And it’s packed with 35g protein per serving, which means it will keep you fuller for longer.
This recipe takes just 20 minutes, making it an ideal healthy dinner recipe for busy weeknights or short lunch breaks. We’ve included ingredients for two, but you can double up if you want to serve more people.
Customise this recipe
We think our noodles are perfect as they are, but you can easily make some adjustments to this recipe too. Want a bigger portion size? Add more noodles or stir fry some veg to go on the side. Want a bigger kick? Add in some sliced chilli peppers. You can swap the chicken out for prawns, or go veggie and make it with tofu.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 200g chicken breast, diced
- 100g medium noodles
- 1 ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tbsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp white sesame seeds
- 30g edamame beans
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- Low-calorie oil spray
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie oil spray and cook the chicken breast on a medium heat until fully cooked. There should be no pink meat.
- Next up, cook your noodles as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan combine sesame oil, spring onion, garlic, ginger and honey and heat over a medium heat until it begins to bubble, cook for a further 15-30 seconds.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and mix in the soy sauce and ketchup.
- Add the drained noodles along with chicken and edamame beans to the sauce and mix while gently heating in the pan.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, fresh cucumber, and side of your favourite veggies.
Are you a noodle lover? However you like your noodles, we have lots of healthy noodle recipes for you to try! Whip up our spicy miso chicken ramen or try our coconut curry noodle meal prep.