Hunters Chicken Recipe
We’ve taken Hunters Chicken, the British pub grub classic, and created a healthier, high-protein version that tastes just as good as the original. It’s only 432 kcals per portion and packed with 48g protein.
This healthy dinner recipe has succulent chicken breast wrapped in pancetta, smothered in tangy sugar-free bbq sauce and topped with low-fat melted cheese. Serve it up with creamy mashed potato and green beans.
Simple and quick to make, this tangy bbq hunters chicken can be enjoyed at home any night of the week. It only takes 35 minutes from prep to plate with less than 10 minutes of preparation time making it ideal for nights when you don’t want to spend long cooking.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 x chicken breasts
- 6 slices of pancetta
- 30g light cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat butter
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 80g green beans, trimmed
- Low-calorie oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 3 slices of pancetta and place into an oven-proof dish.
- Place the chicken into the oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the mash by adding the diced potatoes into a pan of boiling water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Test the potatoes with a fork to see if they are cooked - it slides easily to the centre they are done. Then add butter, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste before mashing until smooth.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and white throughout, take it out of the oven and top with bbq sauce and cheese.
- Pop the chicken back into the oven and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, add green beans to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes until tender and then drain and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up the hunters chicken with the creamy mashed potato and green beans.