Chicken and Veggie Homemade Pizza
Let's face it, pizza is delicious. Pretty much everyone loves pizza! It's customisable, tasty and easy to make... when you know how!
But high-fat takeaway pizza gives this doughy goodness a bad rep. Pizza doesn’t have to be high in calories and packed with fat to taste good. You can still live a healthy balanced lifestyle and reach your goals - all while still enjoying pizza. And we want to show you how!
Our latest homemade pizza recipe is only a fraction of the calories (426 kcals) and fat (9g fat) of that in a takeaway pizza and is packed with 29 of protein.
Plus, you can completely customise the toppings and pack it full of your favourite fresh, nourishing ingredients to add your unique spin to it.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 400g strong flour
- 7g dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 230ml warm water
- 150ml tomato passata
- 300g cooked chicken
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp sweetcorn
- 75g light mozzarella, grated
- 75g light mozzarella ball, sliced
- 4 tsp oregano
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar, oil and warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead the ingredients until it forms a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead for a further 5 mins then return to mixing bowl.
- Place a damp tea towel over the bowl and place somewhere warm to rise for an hour, it should double in size.
- Once it has doubled in size, knead the dough again for 2-3 minutes then place back in a warm area to rise again for a further 30 minutes to an hour.
- Knock the air out of the dough and split evenly into 6 large dough balls.
- Roll out each dough ball on a floured board, shaping it into thin pizza bases.
- Place a pizza baking tray in a preheated oven at 240c.
- Place pizza onto a hot baking tray then top with passata, veggies, chicken, cheese and oregano and season to taste.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 10-12 minutes until crispy on the edges and bottom and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a colourful side salad.
Top Tip: The pizza dough can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, so why not save some time and make a bigger batch so you have pizza ready to go later in the week too!